We are very excited to announce that applications for our fourth annual Ignite Startup Competition will be opening in August 2016.
Two start-up companies will be awarded $25,000 to use towards their business. Along with the monetary prize, the two winners will be given free office space in The Loft and will also join Spark Centre’s Thrive Accelerator Program which offers significant advisory and business support services to achieve a faster market entry.
Ignite will also include the Student Entrepreneur category, awarding $5,000 to a post-secondary entrepreneur along with automatic inclusion into Spark Centre’s Youth Incubator Program.
We are excited to announce the dates for Ignite 2016:
Pitch Schools Round One
• All Category Entrepreneurs: September 20
Pitch Competitions Round One
• Young Entrepreneurs: September 27
• General Entrepreneurs: September 28
• Student Entrepreneurs: September 29
Pitch School Round Two
• All Category Entrepreneurs: October 6
Central Pitch Competition
• All Category Entrepreneurs: October 13
(student winner announcement)
• Young & General Entrepreneurs: November 15
• Young & General Entrepreneurs: November 17
Start-up businesses located anywhere within Canada are eligible to apply, but winners must establish their business within Durham Region.
Please visit ignitedurham.ca for more information on the application process, eligibility criteria, and important dates.